Friday, January 4, 2013

A happy new year indeed!

Hullo 2013!! It is just great to be able to have another new year. It really is. There is something magical about having a new beginning, a fresh start and a brand new phase.

Every year since the time I can remember, I have always been haunted by making new year resolution lists. I remember I once was asked to do an essay on that in school - yikes! The danger was that nobody told us why we needed one or why it is so important to have one.

Moving ahead to the current year (time flew by!), I do really believe that making a list of new year resolutions will help move us in the direction we want. And if it doesn't, well, heck it, it was fun dreaming right?

My resolutions for 2013 are ...
1) Get fit through more exercises - I have been extremely unfit, LOL!!
2) Get in a slot every other month for a small get away - I think we all need some away time to forget about realities, eh?
3) Monthly trips back to hometown - I have been a horrible daughter last year!
4) Challenge trip achieved by June 2013 - I am in the business where everything is about "show me the numbers!"
5) Pay me first money to be increased - I think I have missed this boat for a very long time. Now, I have to play catch-up.
6) A trip for mum and dad - Parents, first you love them, then you can't stand them, then you can't imagine what life would have been if it were not for them, so this is my little gesture.
7) READ 2 books a month - Ahem, so apart from hoarding them, I'd have to read them too la ... haha!
8) Complete Success Plan - failed to blast off on this plan 2 years ago, gonna start and complete my journey
9) Start and end day with extra hugs and kisses for kids - yeah, I think I am leaving out somebody here ...
10) Practice gratitude giving to people who are in my life - for starters, I thank you for reading my list here!

So there it is, I should have more to add, but let's start with this and see how it goes.

Yes, I know, I am mad.


4 comments:

Kiasu Mom said...

Hey Busy Bee, that's quite a long list of resolutions but I am sure they are all achievable if you put your heart to it so all the best :).

As for my maid agency, you can try MN Agency. They are located at Damansara Utama (just next to LDP). Contact Carmen 0377222333. Probably not worth mentioning my name as she probably won't remember me. Reni came in using visitor pass and the agency helped me convert it to work permit. Cost me 12k upfront. Therefore she is really 'fresh' and have not undergone any sort of training (so luck is very important here) :).

Anonymous said...

Ya you can do it!!

How is your baby girl?

urducell said...

Nice blogger

Aishwarya Hariharan said...

Nice!