Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ryan participates and wins!

In this last week, Ryan has taken part in 2 quiz sessions and he won! Ok ok, some may say it is no big deal, but I am his mother, and I think it is a very big deal!

So last Tuesday, after we finished his music class, we hung around till about 7pm where the centre had a pretty Japanese girl come to perform and sell the features of their electone and piano. After some playing, she announced that there will be some questions and if the kids answered them correctly, they will get a small keyboard like pouch.

When she played that Korean song "Nobody Nobody But You", Ryan's hand shot up and answered the title of the song. He got a red pouch. Then he said "I want one for my sister". So when the next quiz came on the instruments that was played on the electone, his hand shot up again and he answered "Piano". This time he got a block pouch. He happily declared that he was going to get another one for Dylan.

Unfortunately, on his third attempt, the lady said that they have to give other kids a chance ... so Ryan's hopes were dashed. No matter, I still praised him for a good effort put in. The pouches were later filled with sweets from the centre and presented to the sister - both were delighted!

Yesterday, we participated in another one. It was the cast of Aladdin at MPH Mid Valley. They came to introduce themselves and later tell a story. After that the kids were asked questions.

The first question was answered wrongly and Ryan felt his ego hurt when kids laughed at him. Early start to teaching him it is ok to be wrong and laughed at so long as learn and move on.

The second one was answered quickly when asked who did Aladdin love, or something like that...I was too excited to remember the exact thing. For getting that right (and the effort put in), he won 2 tickets to watch Aladdin the musical at Sunway Lagoon. But hor, they are very clever, give you 2 tickets ... you still need to buy extra ones if you want to go as a family. Which makes me think now ... should I buy 2 more or should I just make do with 2 tickets? Meaning I will just bring Ryan to the musical since he won it ... Hmmm ...

But coming back, Ryan gave good tries to both and I am really proud that he did not need me to poke him into participating. He did that all by himself. Looking forward to the next ones ...

No comments: