Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Little Defender

I am very fortunate to have a little defender at home for me : )

From young, Ryan has always been on my side, no matter whether I am in the right or not. To him, mummy is always right.

There was once his daddy was playing with me on the bed and pretended to hit me with the bolster. We thought it would be a funny scene for Ryan, but he burst out crying!! We had to immediately stop and pacify him.

Recently, it has evolved to verbal defence. Everything I say will be THE RULE/ THE WORD. Anything that is said against me will be A SIN and he will scream MURDER!! Some examples ...

His daddy: Aiyo, this blouse/ pants not good la, if you don't believe me, ask your son.
Me: Ryan, daddy said I am not pretty, what do you think?
Ryan: Yes, you are pretty. (To his daddy): Why you say mummy not pretty??
His daddy: Yes la, see, so ugly.
Ryan (screaming away): NOooooo, mummy is pretty.

Teacher: Wow, who made that for you?
Ryan: My mother
Teacher: Is it good?
Ryan: Yes, my mother made for me, delicious!
(and so, I am pressured to deliver his expectations)

Sometimes he sees his daddy hugging me and he will say "Hey, what are you doing? Don't hurt my mummy!" Only after we reassure him that his daddy is not hurting me, will he say "OK".

But, if he is the one that is saying something against me, THAT is the rule then.
The other day I bought a nice (I thought) blouse from MNG. I was in the transition stage and thought that looked good for me. He looked at me and said "Eee .. mummy you look so old, so ugly" and that became the rule because no matter how many times I wore that blouse on different times at different days, it was still ugly to him ... it is now hung in my cupboard and destined to remain hidden till some good soul takes it away. He is still saying that it is ulgy and makes me old.

And they say guys are not sensitive to these things ....

No comments: