Sunday, March 14, 2010

How many books did you read in 2009?

I wonder if there is such a thing as addiction to buying books? If there is, I wonder if my behaviour qualifies. Every time I am near a book store, chances are I will go in and come out with a couple of hundreds worth of books, magazines, etc.

However, I must admit though, I usually read about 1 out of the stash that I bought at one time and the rest will sit on my shelves till I am ready to read them.

Last year, I read a total of 11 books, I had set my goal at 13 books. This year, I am going to stretch myself a little and will aim for 16 books. And it does not include my kids' books which I also read to them.

Among the books I read last year are:
How to make HOT cold calls
Positive Discipline for Pre schoolers
Twelve Pillars
Problogger
Secrets of A Millionaire Mind
Things I Want My Daughters To Know
Seven Years to Seven Figures
Dated Jekyll, Married Hyde
Confessions of a bad mother
Secrets of Happily Married Women
What to expect when you are expecting


I must say it is a pretty good list of parenting, fiction and business books there. And I think that is important to keep the interest alive.

I am currently reading several at one go - Psychology of selling, The art of closing the sale, Positive Discipline for 1-3 years, The toddler years and Think and grow rich.

So what are you reading now?

1 comment:

Jane Nelsen said...

What do you think of Positive Discipline the First Three Years? :-)