Monday, October 22, 2007

Amazing conversations wih Ryan

Some conversations we have which never fail to amuse and amaze me ...

Ryan: My shoulder pain pain ...
Me: Cut if off la ...
Ryan: No need, go see uncle doctor, get medicine because Ryan sick ...
Me: Ok lor ....
But actually there was nothing wrong with him, he just wanted some attention.

Me: Eat la, eat la, good good one ...
Ryan: No! I eat already! (Cantonese: Ngor sek pau cho)
Me: Eat la, eat la ...
Ryan: No! Otherwise I vomit ah!
This is when I try to get him to eat more.

Last week, at my parents' house, my dad bought Ryan a cup of ice-cream.
Me: Wah! Ryan eat so much ice-cream, stomach pain pain ah ...
Ryan: No! This one goong goong (grandpa) buy one, eat already won't pain pain one...
Me: Who say?
Ryan: I say one.
See, this one I cannot argue. It's just amazing how Ryan thinks through. If only all the people we work with thinks like a 2 year old.

My mum: Ryan, nah, eat this amachi (my mum could not prounouce properly)
Ryan: No, not amachi, omochi!!
My mum: Oh, I don't know ma. Omochi is it?
Ryan: Yes, omochi, not amachi.
My mum complained to me that a 60+ years old woman was corrected by a 2+ years old. Indeed Ryan is not shy to correct us when he believes he is right. So far, he is about 90% right in his correction. The other 10% he is clearly wrong but insist that he is still right!!

Truly amazing ...

No comments: