Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nursery rhymes

When Ryan was a baby, there was a song which I would sing to him.
Now, I do not know the title of the song, but it goes like this ...

"Hush now baby don't say a word,
Mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird,
If that mockingbird can sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

Some time back, Ryan would come to me and say "Mummy fan-cook Ryan".
For some days I was struggling with what he wanted to say till one day I sang this song, Ryan said happily "Mummy fan-cook Ryan ah" .... then I know ...

Till now I still cannot figure out which part of the song has any resemblance to the word fan-cook but he says it every time he wants this song.

Lately he has also begun t sing it and it is great to see him picking up words and rhythm. Other songs which he also sings are:
1) A-B-C-D ... all the way to NowI know my A-B-C, tell me what you think of me!
2) The above song
3) Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
4) Row Row Row Your Boat - some parts of it
5) Baa Baa Black Sheep - some parts of it
6) Gymboree songs
7) Friends forever Gymboree album which contains one the most catchy songs ever regarding making friends ... Ryan took the cue and said he wants to go make friends.
8) Elmo song
9) If you are happy .... just started with this today.
10) El Divo somes - he will just mimic away.

The beauty of all this is that Ryan is learning to sing songs without actually realizing that he is actually learning and all this comes to him much easier.

Now I am looking forward to him going to the school and learning some songs for me!

No comments: