Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ryan is responding

Yesterday when I dropped Ryan off at school, I had a short chat with his teacher, Mrs. M, and was glad to hear that Ryan is responding well to school.

She mentioned that on Monday, it was the first time that Ryan responded to the Mandarin teacher when she was talking - he sat on Mrs. M's lap to listen! This is such wonderful news. Apparently he has always preferred to do his own things and ignored the Mandatrin teacher, but now he is listening intently. Great!

Mrs. M also said that when Ryan is out on the field, he will come running up to her and gives her a big hug too!! Oh, I am so relieved. I was afraid that he will hate school because of all the rules and restrictions. Turns out he is ok.

One thing that is worrying me is that he is not eating as much as I would like him to. He only takes milk for breakfast, sometimes some cereal in the car. Cheese and some egg during break time and this is all the way till noon when he gets to nanny's place. Sigh, I think he will lose some weight now ...

But I think so long as he is happy and growing, does not matter the quantity of food he is taking la. Oh, my little baby is growing up so fast!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that it turned out alright for him. I've gone through this last year, understand how you feel. :) What a relief for you, isn't it? :)

Busy Bee said...

Suzette - Yeah, it was a relief for me. But Ryan is still not eating. Am really worried about that ne. Hope tomorrow is better for him. Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

I believe he will start eating. Just a phase most children go through. As long as he is not sick as a result of that, you shouldn't be too worried about it. :) That's the way I see things in my kids. Ian also doesn't like eating much, but he is improving now.