Thursday, February 21, 2008

Diaper free

Ok I have to admit. I am one of those mothers who would happily let the kid to use diapers until one fine day the kid gets up and says "No more diapers!" Yes, I am that lazy.

Fortunately, my nanny toilet trained Ryan from young, think sometime before he was 2 and he has been diaper free in the daytime for a while now.

When Ryan started school, the diaper usage doubled cause he had to use it in school and at night.
Thankfully, in the second month, the teacher said that Ryan could indicate when he had to use the toilet and that he was ready to come out of the diaper. And so I tried. For the past 2 weeks, there has only been 2 accidents. Other than that, he is completely on his own, without the diaper.

I am happy that all this is turning out well and our diaper usage is back to normal - 2 pieces a day.

Now, how can I ensure that he does not use diapers at night leh??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Incidentally, a friend of mine told me that she night toilet trained her kids when they were about 3. She makes sure they pee pee before bed and then wake them up again about 3-4 hours later to make them go toilet. Frankly, it sounds EXHAUSTING! But then again, she's a full-time housewife. Unless us who's got to CRAWL out of bed early in the morning, slap on some make up and try to look decent for work even though all we want to do is go right back to bed!

Bloody Singaporean