Friday, October 9, 2009

Megan turns 9 months old today!

Time flies really fast. Megan turns 9 months old today and she is fast progressing in terms of physical movements as well as mental absorption.

Accordingly, these are some of the things she can do now:

1) Increase in her pace of activities, from getting around the house to playing with toys, her rate of exploration is speeding up. Sometimes, I feel like I cannot keep up.

2) Megan is also supposedly to demonstrate a better memory for past events and an increased ability to solve simple problems.

Now, I am not sure if it is better memory, but I do know that she thinks repeatedly pulling my hair is funny because she always laughs mischievously every time I say "OUCH!" And her big brother is always pushing her to do it on me ... and she does! And then they both laugh out loud!

3) Megan is more cuddly and affectionate than before. But I am not sure if this is because of the female factor though. I do not remember Ryan being so cuddly. Megan would actually put her head on my chest and just stay there.

4) Megan is now creeping quite quickly now. She goes after anything that moves and will try to grab it. Usually she gets it and then she will look at us for claps. Just now she was so excited about the little chick that she bumped her head on the floor ... she was bleeding in the mouth, think her teeth cut her.

5) Megan also likes to stand. She can now stand on her own for a while longer. She usually finds something to help her lift herself and then, she will be darn proud of herself and will continuosly grin.

6) Babbling is also getting more and more apparent. However, she also screams quite a bit, especially if you take her things away.

7) To date has sampled the following food - porridge, pumpkin, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, water melon, oranges, dragon fruits and apples. This is on top of her cereals.

8) Did I mention that her direction on the walker is almost 99% on the dot?

Think that is about it for her 9 month development. Looking for the next month as usual.

No comments: