Monday, August 3, 2009

Feeling emotional

I just finished nursing Megan and as I held her in my arms walking her back to the bed, I was suddenly flooded with a wave of emotions.

I desperately wanted to hold on to her and not let her go, I wanted to hold her close so that I do not have to deal with the fact that she is growing up fast. I whispered into her ears "You will be the best girl ever when you grow up. I want you to know that I will love you and protect you for years and years to come. And I hope to be able to shield you from all the pain and hurt and disappointment you may face. I love you so much my darling."

And then I felt that I was crying. I wonder why I suddenly was so overwhelmed. I am usually not like this at all. I guess, being a mother has really changed me, and I am loving it.

Sleep well my babies.

1 comment:

io said...

so sweet.. a mother's love. :)