Thursday, February 19, 2009

Megan going to nanny's

Today, we started Megan at the nanny's. I must admit though that I was a little worried if the nanny can cope with a baby and a pre-schooler.

When we got there in the morning, we left Megan with clothes, nappies and lots of expressed milk. Nanny took her and put her in the sarong. Megan went straight to sleep. She looked so contented. She was a darling anyway before I sent her there. I had expected her to kick a fuss, but all was well.

Just before Ryan was due back, I called to check. Nanny said Megan was well. I must say that this time, the experience is more relaxed. I find myself less anxious and more open to the possibility of uncertainty. 4 years of parenting has taught me that anything can happen with kids, best to plan but except anything that comes our way.

With Ryan last time, I went back to see him 3 times on his first day, always imagining that something bad will happen. This time, I left her and set off to Pavillion to see my friends and to shop for a bit.

I had expected Ryan to be happy to see Megan at nanny's ... he was. Nanny later told me that Ryan cannot resist touching and poking her. I think by now little Megan can recognize her big brother's nudges already. Nanny also said that Megan likes to be rocked in the sarong and cannot be left alone for she will start to stir and cry. And thoughout the first day there, Megan did not leave any poop for nanny to clean, nor did she continuously eat - only took 3 feedings the whole day. I imagine if she was with me, I would have been functioning harder than a cow!!!

Looking forward to sending her again tomorrow.

No comments: