Friday, April 3, 2009

Today .....

Today was a day filled with mixed emotions for me.

I had planned to send Ryan off to school earlier so that I can go shop in KLCC before going to work. We were a little late and so, Ryan was rushing to drop off his bag in class before going for his music class. We left his lunch box downstairs so that it will not be a hassle for him.

I then headed off to KLCC with the main aim of buying some Lego from Toys r Us. They were having a sale at the outlet. I also wanted to breakfast at Starbucks, with their current breakfast pairings for RM6.50. I headed to Starbucks first and then on to Isetan to buy my salad.

On the way, I was distracted by the Tefal non-stick wok. I do not exactly need it now, but I could not resist a good deal and so, it was added as one of my buys for the day ; ) The wok was going for RM99, normal price was RM169 and they only had 72 pcs. When I got there, Isetan was only opened for 15mins, and they have already sold half!

After getting my Lego, I rushed to the office only to find that I had left my tag at home and so, I could not access the respective floors as well as my lockers. What to do? What to do? I stopped to chat with my colleague for a while before heading home and learned that one of my colleague had a still born this morning. She was due for an operation in the afternoon to remove the foetus.

At this point, I was deeply saddened, actually, I do not really know how to describe it, I just felt sad and I could not imagine how I would have reacted if it would have been me. I just know that she must have felt a deep sense of loss and feelings which just cannot be put into words. I said a silent prayer to have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids who are healthy.

After that, I went home to get my tag. At the market, I stopped for lunch. Penny was with me and while talking, Ryan's principal rang. Apparently there was some mix up and Ryan had gone home without his lunch. Aiks! Half the day only and already so many things happened. Ryan's principal was a dear and she came to nanny's house bringing him his lunch.

Thankfully, after that, nothing else came up and I was able to go back to work, tired already. But the day went passed quickly since I had to manage pumping in between work and play ; ) And now, I am sitting here blogging away, putting behind all my tiredness and marvelling at my kids.

Yes, today is one of those days that are packed to the max with all sorts of happy, elated and some sad news put together. Hope everyone has a good weekend ahead!

No comments: