Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Day Out With Ryan

It's the school holidays now and I have been planning a day out with Ryan since last week. I had wanted to bring him to watch Monsters vs Aliens at 1 Utama, followed by a visit to the Toys r Us outlet there.

We reached 1 Utama at 10am and hurried to buy the movie tickets. His daddy said that he will join us. What a rare thing indeed. After getting the tickets, we went to FOS Kids and Teens. It was great. Every time I go there, I find gems. Affordable and nice clothes for my kids. Yes, I am a cheapo mum, I can't help it.

11am came and we rushed to get our popcorn and then into the cinema. To my delight, the hall had about 20 people in it. Good, good, no disturbances. His daddy arrived in the middle of the show but Ryan was just as happy to see him. The movie was quite good especially the part where Susan (the oversize girl) realised that her fiance was a real jerk and proceeded to make up her mind that she did not need him to shine, she was doing it just fine.

When the movie ended, we proceeded to lunch at Delicious. Ryan wanted cup cakes and so, we went. We also had fries, pasta and sandwich, on top of 2 milk shakes. By the time we finished, Ryan was so full, I think he wanted to vomit.

His daddy had to go back to work and so, we went to our favourite place - Toys r Us!! I think we spent over 2.5 hours in there. I had my book in my hand and all I did was follow Ryan around and find a spot for me to read while he played with the toys. We left the store with RM100 worth of toys and puzzles. The good thing was that Ryan did not whine about wanting the toys, he just went with the flow and I said yes to some of his requests.

We left 1 Utama at 6pm and Ryan immediately fell asleep. He said he was so tired and so sleepy. Poor boy. I let him sleep in the card till about 7pm when I had to wake him up. He was still tired but thankfully was in a good mood. He is such a dear. After dinner, he played a while and finally hit the sack at 10.30pm, still late I think.

All in all, we had a good day. I am happy to have him with me and to celebrate him, just him. I am looking forward to doing it again with Ryan and in the years to come, with Megan too. Tomorrow. we will be back at my mum's for the remaining school holidays.

What about you? Where are you going?

No comments: