Sunday, June 7, 2009

Ryan goes working with me

Last week has been tough for me. We had to run some fieldwork and I have been coming home late. I figured that it would be easier if I had Ryan with me while hubby takes care of Megan.

2 out of the 5 nights I was away, Ryan was with me. He was a darling and I must say, even I am surprised with his behaviour. I had half expected that I would have to go off half way.

The first night, he was happy with some papers and pencils. The second night, I had a laptop set up for him so that Mickey and his friends will be able to help keep him happy.

But I think the 2.5 hours being cooped up got the better of him and so, he did not follow me after that. I was very happy with him being able to get a glimpse of what I do for a living. He told me that he wants to see me work so that he knows how I get the money for him to go school and buy toys.

Meanwhile, when I got back home, Megan is usually ready for her milk after her screams with hubby. And life is just great after the kids are down, I usually get reminded of how great my role is as a mother to my wonderful kids.

No comments: