Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Managing without my mum

I must admit that the thought of NOT having my mum around during my confinement had scare me a little initially. However, in the 24 hours that she has been gone, things are looking to be manageable. The only part which seems to allude me is the fact that I cannot cook like she does. My meals do not seem to be so aromatic and certainly not as hot as those she prepares.

I had to juggle between Megan and my cooking. Sometimes, she cries in the middle of my cooking and I have to go attend to her. By then time I am done, the food is already cold, but I eat it anyway, silently wishing my mum was here.

I am also missing the extra pair of hands which can miraculously cradle Megan to sleep. Yeah, I think her has scream of magic while mine seems to make Megan a little uncomfortable - don't know why though.

And oh yes, I am also missing her sometimes crazy actions - like when she actually went to buy 2 cans of Coke when I said I craved for it last week. She was like - "Aiya, if drinking Coke will kill you, then it would be the latest method in suicide la". And so I took a mouthful of it. Bliss.

Somehow, things without my mum are different. Hope the days go by quickly, I really want to get out of this confinement and go back to my mum's ...

2 comments:

WSL said...

you are doing great la. about the cooking..try using some seasoning..u know..soy sause, salt, ginger, u know those thgs..that u nvr use :)

Busy Bee said...

haha ... got la, just don't use as much only. anyway, just cooked, not the best i must say, but better than i thought i can ;) will see how tomorrow goes.