Thursday, January 8, 2009

One more day to go ...

In less than 24 hours, I will be meeting my new baby.
How am I feeling?
Nervous, for one. Excited for another. And a little emotional every where else.

I had thought that a planned delivery would have been better seeing that I will be in control of the situation. However, upon reaching this moment, I cannot help but feel like I have robbed my baby of her own time to come. I also cannot help feeling like I have robbed Ryan of some deserving time with me. I know, I am really weird but I am thankful that I have them.

I am feeling a little emotional too, been weepy since last weekend, think my hormones are in an overdrive. I have been told that this is all normal with pregnant women, but I have not felt it before with Ryan. So, this is all new to me. Beside that, the nesting instinct is also in an overdrive. Am still cleaning for some strange reason despite not being able to move as easily.

It's almost 12noon now and I will leave to pick Ryan up from school. Been debating the whole morning if I should take him to lunch and then keep him with me the whole day seeing that after today, he will not have me solely to himself anymore, OR send him to nanny so that I can have some time on my own before the next challenging 12 months come to view.

.... think I will keep him with me - he is more important to me than my own alone time ....

Have to go now, will try to update a little more on my feelings for a keep sake to the little ones in the remaining time of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Relax.. and all the best! :)

WSL said...

good luck babe!