Monday, June 23, 2008

Ryan's concert

Last week, Ryan had a concert in his school for the parents.
Due to space constraints, the concert was broken into 2 days - Wednesday for the 2, 3, & 4 year olds' parents and Friday for the 5 & 6 year olds' parents.

We went on Wednesday and I was so excited that the night before I could not sleep properly. Hubby said I am crazy to be overly excited about something like this.

Anyway, the morning came and we arrived early in school. The kids were all upstairs and there was a commotion everytime a kid arrived. It was like saying "ok, another one in, there is only another missing 5" ... there was an earlier accident on the highway and so, some kids were late.

Finally at about 9.15am, the ocnert began with the 2 & 3 year olds singing and dancing. Little Ryan held an Indian girl's hand out on the dance floor and proceeded with the routine. I have heard the song for so many weeks now but could not beat the pride I have while I see him dance and lead the little girl. Each of the couples were given a space marked with red tape so that they know where to stand and at what distance. Can you imagein? A 2/ 3 year old can actually learn that and adhere to it? Hubby was filming away and waved to Ryan. I was afraid that he would rushed over ... but he did not and completed the dance with a bow and everything.

They also had an act of singing 2 Chinese songs complete with action and dance steps too. Again, I was afraid that Ryan would cry, but surprisingly, he did well. Even after the routine was completed, he stood his ground and walked out of the hall with his friends, in order.

When I first sent Ryan to school, the teacher showed me the video from last year's concert. It was incredible how small little kids can be so adhering, and I must admit I have some doubts too. But then when little Ryan and his friends proved it, it was pure joy for me.

After all the presentations, the little ones took turns to give the parents some gifts which they had made in class and was supposedly TOP SECRET - they did not tell us about it at all! The parents then made their way to the tea outside and the little ones then had a little party amongst themselves too.

Ryan and his gang repeated the entire show on Friday for the older kids' parents and he was excited about it later that day when I went to fetch him. There was a whole bag of goodies that the teachers gave them. Among it was a coin box - such an appropriate reminder of the fees we have to save for the kindy!! But I must say that it was worth it : )

No comments: