Monday, September 15, 2008

Afternoon without diapers

Nanny told me some months ago that Ryan has been sleeping in the afternoon without his diapers. I was impressed. It meant that she was diligent enough to wake him up and then take the risk of him not re-sleeping. I had none of those thoughts. I figured that when the time comes, he would know to let me know.

However, yesterday afternoon, Ryan said himself that he did not want the diapers. So, I tried. And it worked! After about 30 mins, he woke up himself and decided that he wanted to wee wee and then 5 mins later, he was back to sleep for another 1.5 hours! Wow!

And then I got greedy and tried to repeat the same success at night. No such luck, he peed after 1 hour and the whole bed was wet. So much for being diaper free at night and saving me a few bucks.

But anyway, I will try again this Friday night, I will have more flexibility to stay up a little and also to wake up more often without risking myself to naps in the afternoon at work.

Anyhow, it was a big step for me with Ryan.

No comments: