Monday, August 31, 2009

My 4 year old tells me a bedtime story

We have been having bedtime reading and story telling for a while now. Although not everyday, we still make it a point to have it at least 4-5 times a week.

Tonight, Ryan insisted that he tells us a story. He was holding up a piece of paper which he says is his story. The story goes like this.

One day, there was a bad witch. And this bad witch turned Mickey Mouse into a bad monster. Mickey then turned his friends - Goofy, Donald, Minnie and Pluto - into bottles and squashed them.

And then, came a good witch who came to rescue Mickey and turned him back into a good mouse. And then the good witch went to step on the bad witch and then she smacked her and then he cut her.

And all Mickey's friends became perfect again and they live happily ever after, ever and ever.

I think his version was longer with a few more details added on. But I am very impressed that he was able to tell this story with the logical flow and appropriate words.

I don't think I was able to do this when I was 4 years old. Isn't it amazing? Kids today are so very different from our time. Did you have a bedtime story when you were young? Did you tell one?

1 comment:

mcheo said...

the kids these days really can do wonder ...