Sunday, March 25, 2007

Declining supply

For most of you who know me, you would know that I am a breastfeeding mother.
I did not start out thinking that I would be, but my journey has been 98% a smooth one.

For a start, I thought if I could just pull through 2 months, then 6 months, then 12 months, then 2 years.
This month, it has been 2 years.

I have been using 2 breast pumps - one manual and another electric. Both have been my great friends and also my money savers, although the initial investment cannot be ignored. Last week, I started to pack them and hang my bottles to dry.

I decided that I would stop expressing during work hours since my yield is low and work is a little crazy. For the first 2 days, I was a little full, then by the third day, I was perfectly normal.

Ryan still gets his milk milk in the evenings and at night, just that he will not have any expressed breast milk to bring to nanny's. He has been adjusting very well to the milk powder that we feed him, so that has helped to make the transition better.

I am really happy that Ryan and I have come so far in our breastfeeding journey.
I hear some people have great starters but encounter problems with the second child. I hope to dear God that I am not one of them. But even if I am, I am confident I will get over it, since I have Ryan as my proof.

Here's to all breastfeeding mothers - Good luck and keep up the good work you are doing for your kids!!!

No comments: