Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ryan to date

Sometime back, I blogged to say how much Ryan has developed verbally.

In the last few days, there has been more exciting developments - Ryan was able to speak a whole sentence without me prompting/ helping him!!! Granted, the sentence was not grammatically correct, but still it is an achievement.

It is so amazing seeing him learn new words day to day. It is said that a 2 year old learns up to 16 words a day, I am not sure I have so many words to teach him.

Sometimes, he will say words which we did not intentionally teach him, but more like he picked it up himself. The wonder is that he is able to understand and apply the word appropriately. Gee ... I really wonder how he knows...

Then since last weekend, Ryan has been asking to sleep in his own bed rather than on mine although he still needs his milk milk to doze off. I tried to persuade him to sleep on my bed, but he stubbornly shook his head. I guess it is a sign that he is growing up and demanding his own space, although he gets up in the middle of the night to have his milk and then sleeps with me. I am not forcing him but rather I am giving him time to grow on his own terms.

Through it all, I am feeling rally proud of Ryan and hope to see more of his developments. And as with all mums, I really wish I can freeze time so I can savor the moment a little longer.

No comments: