Saturday, March 8, 2008

First party with friends

Ryan's birthday celebrations for the past 2 years was actually more for mummy to catch up with friends and have the families over for a get-together.

However, this year, I thought it would be much better for Ryan to be with his friends in school than to be in a party which boring mummy would host.

So, yesterday, after dropping him at school, I drove to the nearest Starbucks to have my coffee and fatty doughnut and sat for a while to reflect the day Ryan was born. I barely remember the pain now ... I only remember the first sight of him in the middle of the night.

I then picked up the chocolate cupcakes and his Mickey Mouse cake and headed for the school. There, the children were already anticipating my arrival and they were looking forward to the cup cakes. The principal told me that the whole school sang to him and Ryan graciously said "Thank you". I was beaming.

While waitting to go into his class, I peeped in to see that Ryan and his friends were asked to stand up in front of the class and sing a song of their choice. My little darling did that although he was a little soft. The whole idea was that the child is exposed to the concept of public speaking and therefore be confident in conducting themselves.

After that, I entered with the cakes and the party packs. At first, the kids were very quiet and only said "Thank you" whe Ryan handed out the cup cakes. However, when the party packs were handed out, the whole chaotic scene took place. And there was chocolate everywhere and the teachers had to keep track of where the little hands go!

Ryan had a match to see who can blow the hardest on the horns and those party stuff. Most of the kids licked the chocolate off and ignored the cake. Ryan did the same and I had to eat his stuff so that there is no wastage. An excuse I know.

As we were leaving, all the kids skipped out with the party packs and the parents were just as excited to hear about the party from their kids. In addition, they also baked ginger breadman cookies yesterday. What a lot of food!!

All in all, it was a good day. I hope Ryan can remember about it though.

No comments: