Monday, March 30, 2009

Ryan's drawings today

I am one of those people who does not know how to draw, who cannot draw actually. I am just horrible in art. My parents had sent me to art classes thinking that perhaps I can draw something, anything, but they were badly disappointed.

When Ryan came along, I had read somewhere that it is important to nurture a child's creativity by encouraging them to try and paint, draw, scribble etc. with crayons, pencils, pens, paint etc. I tried not to faint each time I see any of the paints or crayons venture beyond the paper because it would mean I have to clean them up.

But luckily Ryan understood from young that painting. drawing. writing all must be done on the paper and anything beyond that, he has to help me clean it. Of course, sometimes, it gets out of hand and you will hear me scream.

Recently Ryan has taken his drawings one step further, he is able to draw complete circles. And he even gives them some colours. Usually he will do his creations on the floor instead of the table and I do not know why that is. Just now, Ryan was again on the floor with papers and his drawing tools and this is what he came up with.

This is his version of a bubble with many mouths ....

This is his version of Mickey Mouse, complete with ears and hands and legs.

And this is supposedly a smiley face with rainbow colours on his head.

Now, for someone like me who cannot draw, these are just good for a 4 year old. Don't you think so? Or is it because I am the proud mother?

No comments: