Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Aiyo ... what to do, what to do?!

Lately Ryan has learnt the art of howling, real howling.
Every timee he cannot get his way, he howls and howls and howls. Really.

The funny thing is that he can STOP immediately when he gets his way, and I mean IMMEDIATELY. However, once he feels that what we give him is not really what he wanted, he will continue howling!

Aiyo, it is driving hubby nuts. And hubby was silly. He tried to warn Ryan to stop, otherwise, daddy will "ta-ta". Worse, Ryan howled louder than ever. Yesterday hubby decided to implement his threats, wah lau, Ryan not only howled, he also screamed his head off!! Wah, I cannot ah, I had to separate my 2 men from each other. They are driving each other up the wall.

Sigh, I do not know what to do. I cannot spank Ryan cause he is my little darling and he won't know anyway. Hubby is EXTREMELY irritated by people who cry (me included) and Ryan is not helping here anyway.

In the mean time, I have to keep Ryan happy all the while especially when hubby is around so that one does not start howling and the other is not irritated.

I read with envy people who have perfectly zen husbands who can cope with howls and screams and cries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha..so farnee la u.
dun worry..i've seen D howl too. THink they go thru some stages..

i guess..we hv to be patient lor..'talk n negotiate' patiently.

haha- easier for me to say..cos i m not a mommy.

Anonymous said...

they all go through that stage, i suppose. tell your husband that he should be grateful and enjoy these times. he'll mourn the day that Ryan turns around to argue and talk back to you to get his way. he'll miss the howling, for sure!

maybe you don't need your husband to be more zen. you just need to remind him that life's a journey. you gotta take time to smell the roses a bit, watch the sunsets sometimes, enjoy your loved ones often. and not get hung up on the little things, like getting your kid to pipe down.

anyway, here's wishing you and Ryan and your hubby a merry, merry christmas and a great 2007, filled with love, laughter and good health!

Busy Bee said...

Thanks to you both for your comments. I am actually very thankful that Ryan has these stages. Otherwise, I will suspect if he is a little "wrong"!!

Merry Christmas everyone!