Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Diapers n more diapers!!!

Megan is now more than 3 weeks old now and she has established a pattern, although there are some variations noted. She will poo-poo in the morning and in the evening before settling in for the night.

However, this poo-poo is not just once - it can be up to 5-6 times in the morning. This is apart from the wee wee that she does too which needs her nappies changed. Thank goodness I am not using the disposable ones, it will definitely create a dent to my wallet!

Now, don't get me wrong, I love her very much, but after 3 weeks of changing diapers the whole day, it is not so fun anymore. I know of some mothers who will trade their daily jobs to be with their kids and to watch them grow up. I also had this thought some years back when Ryan came along but somehow, I decided not to do it.

I love my kids, I would love to see them every second of the day, to see them grow and to see them develop. I also like to be able to ferry them around for their development classes, school etc. But then I thought .... aiya, what will be come of me?? I know that although I love doing all these things, there will be a day that I will snap and then I will be very miserable. I know it, I have felt it before. And then you feel so sorry for the poor kid because it is really nothing to do with him/ her, it is I who cannot handle the routine.

So there, I am not ashamed to say that I am looking forward to go back to work. Most of my friends have Monday blues, but I actually look forward to Monday so that I can regain some form of sanity and be with adults. And it also makes me happy. And I think everyone agrees that a happy mum is a better mum. And I really want to be a better mum to my kids. Really.

1 comment:

Kiasu Mom said...

I totally agree with you. I dont want to be a fulltime mom either. When Hayley was still being breastfed, she pooed 5-6 times a day too and I used disposal. Not that I am rich but I just can't afford to bend down and wash those napkins myself :-)