Monday, February 16, 2009

Noises in the night ...

When you have 2 kids, you will risk the fact that you will compare them. I know I swore I would never do that (they are, after all, individuals on their own) but I did ....

One of the things I noticed different about them is their sleeping mannerisms.

With Ryan, even in the womb, I cannot talk after 11pm, else I will get a good kick. And by 7-8am, I would have to get up, else, another kick. And so, when he was born and till now, this is largely his bedtime.

Megan was a little different. She wa awake when I am awake ... even if it means I am only getting up to pee in the middle of the night. I can feel her moving her little fingers. I used to tell hubby that her past life must be an octopus. When Megan was born, it is true that her fingers are always moving, but luckily, she does not get up when I do. She will stir a little when she realizes that I (and my smell) is not near her.

Apart from the hours, Ryan was a relatively quiet sleeper. Megan is however, a noisy sleeper. She will make all sorts of stretching noises and I will find myself stirring up quite a bit in the night. She sometimes stretches herself so much that she wakes herself up!!! This, Ryan did too. And they will both scream their lungs out!!! Putting them to the breast will do the trick of calming them.

Wonder what else I can find significantly different about them!!

No comments: